Why Do I Need to Hire an Interior Designer?
You’re looking at your home thinking you could replace the floor, paint the cabinets, maybe purchase some new furniture for the great room. Doesn’t sound like much until you think of who’s going to manage all of the fabrics, colors, types of flooring, not to mention the budget, the trades, the schedules! You ask yourself, “Do I need to hire an Interior Designer?” Hiring an Interior Designer can alleviate some of the stresses of a remodeling project no matter how big or how small it may be.
Great spaces do not just happen by accident, although, some people do have a gift for putting together rooms in a way that is pleasing to the eye, as well as functional. However, most people struggle with all of the facets that go into design projects. If you haven’t checked out our most recent blog post on the difference between Interior Designers and Interior Decorators, you will read that Interior Designers have extensive training that accompanies an interior design degree.When we look at a room we always base our perception on the principals of design; scale and proportion, balance, rhythm, emphasis and harmony. For the room to come together well, all these principals should be considered. We also pay close attention to the elements of design; space, line, shape and mass, texture, light, color, and pattern. Read along to learn the more important attributes that Interior Designers bring to the table when working on any type of interior design project.
- Provide Solutions: Each project, small or large, has its challenges. Whether it’s lack of storage, poor traffic flow, color scheme, unusual windows or maximizing light and space. We thrive on a challenge and consistently deliver functional solutions.
- Prevent Costly Mistakes: So many choices, too many options, what product is the best product? There are so many great products available today that it is hard to know and understand all of them unless you work with them all the time. We know where to go, what products to avoid and sort through the options that don’t apply.
- Resources: There is a world of furnishings, fabrics, case goods and accessories that are available “to the trade only.” Designers have access to local and national manufacturers and products that would otherwise be unavailable to most consumers.
- Well Connected: A design is only as good as it’s execution. Designer’s work with the best workrooms, carpenters, painters and trade partners and have the confidence to make sure the price matches the quality.
- Convenience: Designers can save you time in shopping for the selections by bringing the “store” to you as well as managing the trades, schedules, tracking, and deliveries the work on-site during the project.
- Get the Job Done: Designers see to it that everything is completed. Often when a project drags on for months, clients might be inclined to leave those few details undone if they are attempting to manage the project themselves. It’s the designer’s job to see to it that every aspect is completed to your satisfaction.
When you hire an interior designer, you get the benefit of an experienced professional who can solve problems, help you avoid costly mistakes and mot importantly create an attractive, affordable space designed specifically to meet your lifestyle needs. Here at Che Bella Interiors, we pride ourselves on being able to listen to our clients needs and designing a space that is tailored for them in design and functionality. We work directly with our clients and trades throughout the entire process to ensure that everyone is informed and feels comfortable with the many changes in a project. We love what we do and we can’t wait to work with you!
Written by Stefanie from the Che Bella Team