Tuesday Round-Up: Ottomans
Part of our job as designers is to edit – we find tons of great products but typically present the best 3-4 options to a client. We use function, size, scale, proportion, style, available finishes, and, of course, budget to help narrow down all of the various options and present the client with the products that will best fit their space.
We are currently working with great clients on a project in Rochester, which will include ottomans in both the study & great rooms. We have narrowed down our options to the best fit for this project and client, but wanted to share some fun ottomans we found along the way.
When choosing an ottoman, consider:
(1) Function – will they be for the sofa in place of a coffee table or to pull up for extra guests, and do you need extra storage? Will you want casters to move the ottomans around?
(2) Size – what fits in your allotted space but also what height works best for how you will use the ottomans?
(3) Scale – what other pieces are they nearby & what scale are they?
(4) Proportion – overall proportion of the ottoman & will open legs or closed look best?
(5) Style – what fits best with the look you are trying to achieve?
1: CR Laine Muffette Stool | 2: CR Laine Bailey Ottoman | 3: Bright Chair Elana Bench | 4: Ralph Lauren Home Florence Storage Ottoman | 5: Lillian August Jamine Ottoman | 6: CR Laine Lillian Ottoman | 7: Lillian August Parker Ottoman | 8: Ralph Lauren Chatsworth Ottoman | 9: Bright Chair Madame X Ottoman
*All items available through Che Bella Interiors*