Steps to Staging your home!
If your home is on the market or you are thinking about selling your home have you considered staging it to get the best possible selling price? In a buyer’s market, you have to make the best possible impression when that potential buyer walks through your home. Here are some quick tips to consider before you put your home on the market.
- Clear the clutter. Box up collections, knickknacks, photos and family mementos. Remove unneeded furniture to make rooms feel more spacious. Clear kitchen countertops.
- Clean the home from top to bottom, including windows, closets and drawers.
- Play quiet, soothing music during showings.
- Pull up shades and open draperies. Light is good.
- Paint the walls a neutral color.
- Create a lifestyle. For example, add luxurious bedding and arrange spa products and fluffy towels in the master suite.
- Add color and interest with artwork, area rugs and accessories, but don’t overdo it.
- Eliminate, don’t mask, odors. Your home should smell fresh and clean when a potential buyer walks in.
- Make a good first impression. Prune landscape bushes, remove dead plants, paint the front door and buy a new welcome mat.
If you need assistance in staging your home, Che Bella Interiors would love to help you! Sometimes all it takes is a new paint color, re-arranging some furniture, putting away some of the personal items away. With all the homes on the market today it make be worth the investment.